Wednesday, February 04, 2009

There's a first time for everything

Hello all!

As some of you may already know, I have a website (www.amelieschoice.com, ou www.lechoixdamelie.com pour les francophones). However, despite how much I love writing for it, it is not updated regularly. The reason is that once I've written something, I then have to translate it (so that I have identical content in French and in English on both versions of the site), and I usually wait until I have at least 10 articles to post before I update. Then, I actually have to write all the html coding by hand, which is time-consuming and inefficient, I'm sure. So the point is: the website format, as it stands now, does not suit me anymore.

I am therefore experimenting with a blog. I have recently been very inspired by several blogs about food and cooking (I will post links eventually), and I've been thinking about going in that direction. So this blog (though it will not solely be about food) will enable me to post regularly about the type of everyday things that would be on my website, but on a more regular basis. The website will still be updated once in a while, of course, but I believe this format will suit me more.

So here we go! It might take me a while to get the hang of things, but stick with me. :)

No comments: